Pastoral Care Annual Report for 2019
Presented by Dona Sorce
The purpose of the Pastoral Care Committee of Third Haven is to provide and maintain a caring meeting community.
During the past year, the committee has been represented by Lorraine Claggett, Tom Corl, Marsie Hawkinson, Adrienne Rudge, Dee Rein, and Dona Sorce.
In addition to ongoing efforts to reach out and maintain regular communication and support with individual members and attenders, the Pastoral Care Committee has sponsored the following activities:
- New Members and Attenders Lunch in March
- Clearness Meetings for the Purpose of Membership for three new members
- Development of an Aging as Friends resource list for Third Haven Members and Attenders
- Sponsorship of three information and discussion sessions for those concerned about resources related to aging and/or the need for additional care during illness
- Creation of policies and procedures for the use of the Burial Grounds at Third Haven In collaboration with the Property and Grounds Committee
- Revision of the Memorial Intentions form for Friends who desire support from the meeting with their memorial and/or burial plans
The committee looks forward to the addition of three new members in 2020, as well our ongoing development of programs and resources to assist members and attenders in a caring and supportive manner.